If you follow @mindfulknitsgram on Instagram, you may have seen my series of posts where I detail how I created the Blinky Blanket, which was a present for my newborn niece, Blinky.
I’d like to share some more details on how I created the blanket here, so that you can create it with mindfulknits yarn, if you so desire! This is a great project if you are a beginner crocheter and if you have never made a blanket before.
Some things I had to consider when I was on the hunt for inspiration for the Blinky Blanket:
- I am all about instant gratification. If a project takes too long, or is too monotonous, I am out.
- I wanted to make something unisex, because I’m not a big fan of gendered baby items, and I also did not know the gender of the baby.
- I wanted to make the blanket with mindfulknits yarn, so whatever I chose to make would have to work with the mindfulknits yarn colors.
After searching high and low for inspiration, I began to lose hope that I would find the perfect blanket to make little Blinky. But then I happened upon the following Gingham Crochet Baby Blanket pattern from the Sum of Their Stories blog. Perfect.
This project ticked many ‘firsts’ for me. First:
- Granny square(s)
- Time blocking cotton yarn
- Handmade item for my little niece
You Will Need:
- A size 4.5mm crochet hook.
- 4 x 50g balls of mindfulknits yarn in Simply White (or any white cotton yarn)
- 4 x 50g balls of mindfulknits yarn in Palm Shade (or any dark teal yarn)
- 6 x 50g balls of mindfulknits yarn in Soothing Sea (or any light blue cotton yarn)
- 1 yarn needle.